DEI at DoBS
In conjunction with our department mission to regulate financial services and work to ensure consumers and businesses are well-informed about the marketplace, the Department of Banking and Securities will take intentional action to promote inclusive and equitable programs and services, and recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
What is DEI at DoBS?
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are interrelated yet distinct concepts that are critical in promoting equitable and inclusive programs and services and attracting and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Diversity means difference in identities which experience systemic barriers or discrimination, such as race, ethnicity, class, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. It can also include differences in thought and experience.
- Equity is ensuring everyone has access to the same opportunities. It is the impact; the process barriers are removed so that everyone has the tools and opportunity they need to succeed.
- Inclusion is welcoming and valuing people with different identities into the agency as well as those being reached by the agency's work. Inclusion involves considering the experience of individuals who are in the minority and identifying barriers they may encounter.
DoBS DEI Workgroup
The department has created a workgroup of volunteers with various roles and from various department program areas to take an intentional look at the impacts of DEI in our work and developing concrete objectives to improve DEI in the department.
DoBS is proud of its commitment to building a diverse and supported workforce. We encourage anyone interested in employment opportunities with the department to visit our
DoBS Careers page
The department is supported by the
Commonwealth Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). Established in January 2020, the EEO Office is responsible for investigations of EEO complaints, EEO appeals, and ADA accommodation requests, among other things.
The Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
DoBS Procurement Supports Small, Diverse and Veteran-Owned Businesses
Are you a small business and interested in contracting with the commonwealth? The
Department of General Services' Bureau of Diversity, Inclusion and Small Business Opportunity assists small, diverse, and veteran-owned businesses in competing for and acquiring commonwealth contracting opportunities.
Learn about eligibility requirements, registering as a vendor, and the certification process in the
Small Business, Small Diverse Business & Veteran Business Enterprise Application Guide.
Language Access and Other Resources Available at DoBS
The department employs a variety of resources to provide services to people who are deaf or hard of hearing or individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Telephone Relay Services –
Persons with a hearing or speech disability may contact the department using a telecommunications relay service, which is available free of charge by dialing 711. Department staff also have access to this relay service to communicate with persons who use a text telephone (TTY) or similar device to communicate over the phone.
- Some Publications are available in Spanish
They can be found on the
Foreign Language Resources page
- Language Services Contracting
The department uses statewide contracts to provide interpretation and translation services as needed.
- Community Organizations and Professional Group Support
DoBS welcomes and actively seeks partnership opportunities with community organizations for education and outreach opportunities. To schedule an outreach event, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.PA.BANKS.
To learn about established programs visit our
- Commonwealth Accessibility Policy
The commonwealth's Accessibility Policy establishes guidance for state agencies in the development of accessible websites and other information technologies for users requiring assistive technologies.